Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

BIG NEWS

Hi friends,
I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22.
It is my birthday!
Congratulations must go to my mother for giving birth to me. I feel like I should be giving a gift for HER on my birthday, instead of the other way around. I mean, I certainly have a lot to thank her for.
But I am very blessed because I have more than my birthday to celebrate.

A while ago I came across a contest on Facebook to win a missions trip to Cameroon with OneBook. I asked my brother if he wanted to enter the contest, since I know he's always wanted to go to Africa. But he did not want to enter it and so I did. My friends and family ended up being extremely supportive. On the day that the voting of the contest ended, there was a tight race for votes between me and another competitor. The contest ended at one in the morning and I went to bed at  8:30 that night because I work very early. I decided to leave the contest in God's hands. What I did not know is that many of my friends were staying up late and following the contest closely, and asking their friends to vote for me!

To cut to the chase, the winner of the contest was announced today, and it is me.

I will be joining national Bible translators from all over the world in Cameroon in March and will be doing communications: essentially what I am doing on this blog- Through various media, I will spread the news of what God is doing. 

I am constantly astounded at where God takes us. Who would have thought I would be travelling to Africa twice in one year?? And I will not have to pay at all. Wow.

Here is a quote from Jim Palmer's Divine Nobodies, the book I am reading at the moment. It describes my life right now:  "He is what I`m looking for. The risks are worth it. I can't control or predict God, but I trust him enough to allow this journey of knowing him to take me wherever it may lead, even if I don't know where that is until I get there."

No comments:

Post a Comment