Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

The end of summer

This is the end of summer for me. Tomorrow it is back to the responsibilities and joys of university. But my last bit of summer was delicious and I am happy it was the way it was.
I spent last week volunteering in the kitchen at camp. Cooking and baking for over one hundred people, and breaks spent on the most beautiful beach in the world- yes please! Every time I go to camp, I am refreshed. I learn anew about God's creativity and beauty. There are so many souls at camp who are very close to Jesus, and I always feel like I can learn from them.

                                                





























               
Peace        













And then there was the day after camp: the trip to the Provincial Exhibition. A few minutes before my sister, my friend, and I were going to go to the last night of this week-long event,our neighbour knocked on our backdoor and offered  us three free passes! She did not even know we were going to go. So many little blessings in life....

Yesterday after church, our family (minus the one who has not yet returned home...) took a spontaneous trip to Prince Edward Island.
I like when life's biggest problems are
salt water in your mouth and matting your hair.
sunburns
losing in cards
tired arms from kayaking
not being able to decide what flavour of Cows ice cream to have
the music in the car speakers is not loud enough.
This is the life

No comments:

Post a Comment