Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Life Updates

Hello friends,
The month of April has been a very crazy one for me, beginning with sadness at  the death of one of the most important people in my life, my grandmother Ruth. This was a solemn beginning to what T.S. Eliot called "the cruelest month." But, to quote another poet of our time, "O-bla-di, o-bla-da, life goes on."
Life does go on.
And there is always, always something for which we can thank God.
There was the ACF end-of-the-year party, where we dressed up in our fanciest clothes and had a blast dancing, taking silly photos, and enjoying each other's company.

This party would not have been possible without the help of many people, especially the incredible ACF exec team! I definitely thank God for them :)

But although this month has had its fair share of wonderful Christian fellowship, from tremendous support for Martin and me when Grammy died, to sweet prayer meetings together, to coffee dates and frisbee study breaks, it IS university and we do learn once in a while. I have been appreciating the beautiful study spaces here on campus, especially my favourite spot in the library and this boardroom in the KC Irving Centre.

I am happy to say that I am now finished all my exams. Hallelujah!
I am also happy to say that this is something that happened the other day.
So, now I get to concentrate on getting ready for Halifax and Mozambique. WOO!
There are only TWO WEEKS until the Halifax Urban Partnership and I still need about $1000.
That means there are SIX WEEKS until I fly to Mozambique.
I need prayer. Like so much. It turns out that this is kind of scary. I really am trusting God that He knows where he is taking me, but my, what a ride it is.
So thank you so much for your prayer. I have also been incredibly blessed with your financial support thus far. Wow! It really humbles me to see how you are making sacrifices for God's kingdom.
Here's the link for How to Give if you have not yet and want to.

So, folks, here is something to leave you with. A sweet, sweet song. 


No comments:

Post a Comment