Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

How to give

So, I know I am doing a lot this summer. But I know that God is blessing and will continue to bless these things.
Please consider helping me out.
I need $1600 for the Halifax Urban Partnership (HUP) and approx. $4000 for the Wycliffe internship in Mozambique.
When you give, it allows me to give my time, talents and energy to the people God cares about.

This May I am doing something called the Halifax Urban Partnership. I will be spending one month in Halifax among the urban poor, volunteering with a number of initiatives and learning about God's heart for poverty and social justice.

Since I am volunteering, this is going to cost about $1600. So I need 20 of my friends to donate a day's wage (Nova Scotia minimum wage is $10.15; an 8-hour day is $81.20).

I know many of you have full-time jobs, or will have one this summer. Please consider placing aside one day's wage to help me come alongside the marginalized in Halifax.

How to donate:
1. Go to www.ivcf.ca
2. Donate--> Donation Options
3. Support a Global and Urban Partnership Participant--> Make a special gift by credit card
4. Giving search--> Fund description--> Search for Hannah Main-->Select "Halifax UP- Hannah Main
5. Fill out all fields and submit

Please prayerfully consider giving :)


AND. ANOTHER THING .

So, as you know, I am headed to Nampula, Mozambique this summer for three months to be a linguistics assistant intern with Wycliffe, doing some literacy work. Before I can go to Mozambique, I need to raise 100% of my funds. I am volunteering my time there and need to raise money for flights and living expenses. It is estimated that it will cost just over $4000. It is my hope that 40 people will each contribute $100 to this cause. Please consider making an investment in something that is worthwhile. 

Here is some info on how to give to this project:

Online:
Go to Wycliffe’s online donation page:
https://www.helpforcharities.com/wycliffe/donation/
You’ll see a pull-down menu that says, "Please direct my giving to..." Select <Wycliffe Canada Missionary>
 In the "Details and Comments" box write:
For the internship work project of Hannah Main

By Cheque:
Cheque should be made payable to Wycliffe Bible Translators. Enclose a SEPARATE NOTE with your name, address & phone number, indicating how you want your gift to be used:
For the internship work project of 
Hannah Main
 Send or deliver to:
Wycliffe Bible Translators
4316-10 St. NE
Calgary, AB
T2E 6K3

Donating By Phone:
Call 1-800-463-1143 and ask for the Receipts Department. Please be ready to provide your credit card information, address, and how you want your gift to be used.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment