Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

This is the way life works...

When I was eighteen and had not had my full driver's license for very long, my friend and I took a road trip to Quebec. I sometimes wonder what our parents were thinking, allowing two teenage, inexperienced girls to drive a day to a city we had never been to, a city where the language they speak is not my native tongue. But they let us go, and it was a wonderful trip, and the most important part of that trip, I think, was realizing that I was really capable of doing the things I dreamed of doing. And I have been extremely, extremely blessed to be able to do wonderful things, things that I am sure I could not do if it wasn't for the God I serve. Life often seems like a series of surprising moments, those moments when I do the thing I was afraid of doing and realize it wasn't that hard, after all.
I have jumped off a telephone pole, trusting in a cable and harness.
I have bicycled 25 kilometres, in the rain. Multiple times.
I have gone on a missions trip where I knew nobody, to a strange country, and that was my first time flying alone.
I have told my story in front of around a thousand people.
I have written a novel in a month. Twice.
I have baked for about a hundred people. For a week.

But this post isn't just a "Hannah brags about things she's done" thing. For one thing, these are things that GOD has done, for me. Not exactly sure why, but God seems to like me a lot. I love Him. No, the point of me saying all this is:
WHY is it then so hard to do what should, comparatively, be easy?
Why can I not confront that one member of our fellowship whose words do not match up with actions?
Why can I not make chicken nuggets without setting off the fire alarm?
Why can I barely get up the motivation to go to the gym?
and WHY can I not tell that one boy how I feel about him?

Funny how life works, eh? It's the little things that take the most courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment