Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Life's Little Adventures

My school is so beautiful :)
WHAT have I been up to lately, you may ask?
Well, I have mostly been up to no good.
Killing fruit flies and eating apples straight off the tree and riding my bicycle in the rain and other quite daring pursuits.
I have also been applying for a scholarship which is probably one of the most competitive things ever. When I passed in the application to my school's selection committee via email, my heart was beating as if I had just run a kilometre, or as if someone had just jumped from behind a door to scare me. It is funny that clicking "send" on an email gave me the same sort of adrenaline rush as I get, say, mountain biking downhill. But the pastor who leads young adults group here said one time "If your goals don't make you uncomfortable then your goals are insulting to God." Yeah, this goal makes me pretty uncomfortable. The scholarship is for a school I have always dreamed of going to. While there is a very slim chance of me getting this scholarship, I figure that I am young and might as well do the things I dream of!

Meanwhile, life. I am leading a Bible study this semester on the parables of Luke. There are a bunch of small group Bible studies on our campus and we are all studying the same thing. It is really cool because Jesus is so cool! But I am having trouble getting good attendance for my Bible study. I LOVE the girls who come- I just wish there were more people to learn about Jesus and the Kingdom. I appreciate learning how His ways are so much different than our ways... that while we respect people who are in high positions, He is looking for humble and desperate hearts. I want my heart to be humble and desperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment